Carbon Monoxide Blamed In Teen Deaths In Fernley
FERNLEY, Nev. (AP) — Authorities say two teenagers found dead in a parked vehicle in Fernley were apparently poisoned by carbon monoxide.
Lyon County sheriff’s deputies reported the boy and girl were found unresponsive in the vehicle just before midnight Tuesday on Sandia Drive.
Paramedics were unable to revive them, and the teens were pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators have ruled out foul play.
Autopsies and toxicology tests are scheduled, but officials say it appears the teens were poisoned by carbon monoxide from the running vehicle.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)