Listen Online - Listen on Mobile Radio.com | Mobile App Info

Electrical Fires Hit Townhouse Laundry

(LAS VEGAS, KXNT)–Clark County firefighters say they are looking into apparent structural electrical problems after a series of laundry room fires at a townhome complex east of the Strip.

They report no injuries in a fire in the predawn hours of Thursday in a building on Oakbrook Lane, near Twain and Swenson.

In a statement, Deputy Fire Chief Erik Newman said investigators found a hidden electrical short-circuit had been heating wire mesh embedded in exterior stucco and metal roofing.

He says firefighters founded charred wooden framework that may have smoldered for hours before flames broke out.

Newman says it was the third similar hidden fire since Dec. 15 in the complex of two-story townhomes.

Newman says NV Energy is working on the problem.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Comments

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Las Vegas

Get Started
Introducing Your New Podcast Network Play.it

Listen Live