Cooling Stations Set To Open Across Valley
(Las Vegas, NV) As temperatures are expected to reach up to 117 degrees in upcoming days, cooling stations will be open to the public on Friday, June 28, through Monday, July 1, in an effort to move the homeless and other individuals out of the heat and keep them hydrated.
The cooling stations are in addition to the Southern Nevada Regional Planning Coalition’s Inclement Weather Shelter Program, which provides daytime shelter every day during the summer at the following locations:
- Catholic Charities, 1511 N. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (For men only.)
- The Salvation Army, 31 W. Owens Ave., North Las Vegas, 7 a.m. to 6p.m. (For adults only.)
- The Shade Tree, 1 W. Owens Ave., North Las Vegas, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. (For women and children only.)
The following locations will be open as cooling stations for some or all of the next few days.
- Black Mountain Recreation Center, 599 Greenway Road, Henderson, 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. thru Friday; 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday; and 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday
- Cambridge Recreation Center, 3930 Cambridge St., Las Vegas, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. thru Friday; and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
- Dula Gymnasium, 441 E. Bonanza Road, Las Vegas, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. today; 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday; and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday.
- HollywoodRecreationCenter, 1650 S. Hollywood Boulevard, Las Vegas, 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday; and 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday.
- Islamic Society of Nevada, 4730 E. Desert Inn Road, Las Vegas, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. thru Sunday.
- Pearson Community Center, 1625 W. Carey Ave., Las Vegas, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. thru Friday; and 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
- Reconciliation Apostolic Ministries, 1401 N. Decatur Boulevard, Las Vegas, 10 a.m. to 4p.m. thru Friday.
- Stupak Community Center, 251 W. Boston Ave., Las Vegas, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. thru Friday; and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
- Valley View Recreation Center, 500 Harris St. (at Basic Road), Henderson, 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. thru Friday; and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
- WalnutRecreationCenter, 3075 N. Walnut Ave., Las Vegas, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. thru Friday; and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday.
Anyone may dial 2-1-1 from any phone to find the nearest cooling station, or visit www.HelpHopeHome.org.