(Henderson, NV) — – Henderson Police officers conducted checks of underage alcohol compliance at bars and restaurants over the weekend to help ensure that minors are not able to buy alcoholic beverages.
Officers from the Community Relations Unit, with the assistance of underage volunteers, checked 59 bars, restaurants or other establishments where purchased alcohol was consumed on site throughout the city of Henderson on Saturday night.
Of the 59 establishments, 44 did not sell alcohol to the underage person. However, 15 businesses did sell alcohol to the minor in violation of the Henderson Municipal Code 04.36.340, which prohibits the distribution of alcoholic beverages to minors.
The businesses that failed are:
• Sunset and Vines, 40 Costa di Lago
• Dotty’s Casino, 754 S. Boulder Highway
• M Resort and Casino (Race & Sports Bar) 12300 S. Las Vegas Boulevard
• Eldorado Casino, 140 S. Water Street
• Gold Mine Tavern, 23 S. Water Street
• Samurai Japanese Steakhouse, 1199 W. Sunset Road
• Chevy’s, 1300 W. Sunset Road
• PT’s Gold, 2890 Bicentennial Parkway
• PT’s Gold, 10075 S. Eastern Avenue
• Jackpot Joanie’s, 2634 W. Horizon Ridge Parkway
• Tee Shots, 2200 W. Horizon Ridge Parkway
• Elephant Bar Restaurant, 2270 Village Walk Drive
• Al’s Garage, 2235 Village Walk Drive
• Black Mountain Grill, 11021 S. Eastern Avenue
• Olivo Bistro, 2940 Bicentennial Parkway
The clerks were issued a citation for serving an underage person and face a maximum penalty of six months in jail and/or a $1,000 fine. The owners or managers of a business that fails a second or third time can also be issued a citation and could face the revocation of their business license.