Police: Man Angry About Wife’s Snoring Sets Fire To Her Clothing
SALT LAKE CITY (CBS Las Vegas) – A local man was arrested after police say he lit his wife’s clothing on fire because of her snoring.
The man, 60-year-old Bryce Ray Whitaker, used a long candle lit on a gas stove to do the deed on Thursday, United Press International learned.
While his wife napped, Salt Lake City authorities say Whitaker took the candle’s flame and held it to a pair of her pants, as well as a box.
However, the fire quickly got out of control, and his concern for his wife superseded his frustration with her nocturnal noise as he woke her up so they could escape the home together.
The couple had reportedly argued about “her snoring and her stuff” several days prior to the incident, according to a police report obtained by the Deseret News.
Whitaker was reportedly charged with first-degree aggravated arson.