(LAS VEGAS, NV) – UNLV freshman forward Anthony Bennett has announced that he’s foregoing his final three years of eligibility and entering the NBA Draft.
Bennett was emotional as he addressed the media at a Monday afternoon news conference. He says its with mixed emotions that he reached this decision, but “I gotta do what I gotta do. It’s what’s best for the family.”
Bennett says he will miss playing with his UNLV teammates and for the coaches. He made the decision in the last week after consulting with his mother.
UNLV men’s basketball head coach Dave Rice says every NBA team scouted Bennett this past season.
Bennett averaged 16 points and 8 rebounds a game during his freshman season to help lead the Rebels into the NCAA Tournament. The 6-foot-8, 240-pound forward is projected to be selected among the top five picks in the June draft.