SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (CBS Las Vegas) — Milwaukee Brewers general manager Doug Melvin had much more to worry about than trying to fill out the roster Wednesday.

Melvin had to go to the hospital after getting stung by an Arizona bark scorpion at his Scottsdale condo. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel is reporting that Melvin’s left arm started to go numb after Melvin got stung on his finger.

“I spent three hours in an emergency room in Scottsdale,” Melvin told the Journal Sentinel. “My arm is still totally numb.”

Melvin said he used the search engine Google to look up information on scorpion stings when his arm started to swell and began feeling numbness.

“I was wondering if it might go all the way up my arm and go to my heart,” Melvin explained. “I got nervous when it got up to my shoulder, so I went to the emergency room.”

Melvin said emergency room doctors gave him pain medication and observed him for a couple of hours.

Though initially concerned, Melvin ultimately said the incident wasn’t “that big a deal” in hindsight.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Listen Live