(HENDERSON, NV-KXNT)–The city of Henderson has closed seven massage parlors for code violations that include operating after hours and covering or tinting shop windows.
Employees face fines and/or jail and the businesses will remain shuttered until operators arrange meetings with the city’s business licensing department.
Spokesman Keith Paul tells KXNT the compliance investigation was not looking specifically for evidence of prostitution, and none was found or cited. The city checked 39 local establishments–some of them double as beauty parlors–and found after-hours violations in the following seven:
- 7 Sunny Massage, 256 E. Lake Mead Parkway
- Sunbright Massage & Spa, 1628 W. Warm Springs Road
- #8 Foot Reflexology, 1643 W. Warm Springs Road
- Ling Spa, 1690 W. Sunset Road
- The Spa YI, 4011 E. Sunset Road
- Sunset Spa, 4130 E. Sunset Road
- Sunshine Massage, 594 N. Stephanie Street.
The employees were issued citations for offering services after the mandated closure time in the law and face a maximum penalty of six months in jail and/or a $1,000 fine. Each of the businesses must remain closed until they meet with the city of Henderson Business License supervisor.