Listen Online - Listen on Mobile Radio.com | Mobile App Info

Cigarette Ashes Improperly Disposed Cause Of Apartment Complex Fire

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Clark County investigators say cigarette ashes that were improperly disposed of on a patio sparked a fire in an eight-unit apartment complex over the weekend.

Authorities say they responded to a call about 5:30 p.m. Sunday to an eight-unit building on the 5100 block of East Tropicana.

Firefighters say smoke and flames were showing from the balcony of a second-floor apartment when they arrived.

Crews were able to evacuate the eight units and put out the blaze. Clark County officials say one person in the apartment where the fire started had a minor injury but didn’t need to be taken to the hospital.

Damage from the fire is estimated at $150,000.

(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Las Vegas

Get Started
Introducing Your New Podcast Network Play.it

Listen Live