Listen Online - Listen on Mobile Radio.com | Mobile App Info

Blaze Guts Vacant Vegas Apartment Used By Homeless

LAS VEGAS (AP) — One person has minor smoke inhalation injuries after fire broke out in a vacant Las Vegasapartment that was apparently being used by homeless people.

Firefighters from Las Vegas and North Las Vegas responded to the blaze on Harrison Avenue just before 8 p.m. Friday. Officials say it took 10 minutes to get the flames under control.

The one-story, four-unit apartment was built in 1963 but has no utilities connected to it.

Firefighters say flames caused the roof to cave in over half the building.

Authorities say one person who was inside the apartment escaped, then returned later to complain about smoke inhalation. He was taken to the hospital with what authorities say are non-life threatening injuries.

The blaze is still under investigation.

 

© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Las Vegas

Get Started
Introducing Your New Podcast Network Play.it

Listen Live