Vegas Police Say Man Dies After Swallowing Bag Of Cocaine
LAS VEGAS (AP) — A man is dead after swallowing what appeared to be a bag of cocaine as Las Vegas police closed in on him.
Police say they stopped a vehicle about 8 p.m. Wednesday on Sahara Avenue at Nellis Boulevard to respond to a person suspected of having cocaine to sell.
Detectives say they saw the man consume a bag of the substance as they approached the car.
The man was arrested and immediately transported to Sunrise Hospital, where he later died.
The man’s identity has not yet been released.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)