Listen Online - Listen on Mobile | Mobile App Info

Local Family Displaced By Fire

HENDERSON (KXNT) — A house fire in Henderson Saturday morning left one pet dead and a family of three searching for temporary shelter.  It happened just after 11 a.m., when firefighters responded to the two-story home near Horizon Drive and Greenway to find the garage and a second-floor bedroom engulfed in flames.  Crews reportedly had the blaze under control in about 15 minutes, and rescued several pets from the home.  However, one puppy did not survive, despite resuscitation efforts.  No humans were injured.  The residents are getting assistance from family and neighbors.  Investigators believe the fire started in the garage, then spread to the bedroom.  The cause is believed to be an accidental electrial failure or overload.  The garage suffered the most damage, with total damage to the home estimated at $100,000.

Copyright 2011 KXNT


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Las Vegas

Get Started
Introducing Your New Podcast Network

Listen Live