Listen Online - Listen on Mobile Radio.com | Mobile App Info

Family Escapes Fire

HENDERSON, Nev. (AP) — Firefighters say a family of five escaped uninjured, but several family pets perished in a fire sparked by a malfunctioning laundry room exhaust fan at a home in Henderson.

Henderson fire Battalion Chief Matthew Morris says smoke detectors alerted residents to the fire just before 4 a.m. Tuesday in the Anthem area near Grand Hills and Eastern Avenue.

Morris reports that a neighboring home received heat damage before firefighters were able to douse intense flames.

Family members, including two children, were being helped by relatives in the area.

Morris says the cause of the fire was accidental. Investigators estimated damage at $150,000.

 

Copyright 2011 The Associated Press.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Las Vegas

Get Started
Introducing Your New Podcast Network Play.it

Listen Live