LAS VEGAS (AP) — An Allegiant Air official says firefighters were summoned as a precaution and there was no fire in the cockpit of a jet parked at McCarran International Airport.
Allegiant spokeswoman Jordan McGee tells The Associated Press that a window heater wire malfunctioned on an Allegiant MD-80 at the airport’s D gates and a crew member summoned airport firefighters a little after 6:15 a.m..
Airport spokesman Chris Jones says the all-clear was declared almost immediately.
McGee says there was no damage, the crew member wasn’t hurt, and no one else was on the jet at the time.
She says the aircraft is back in service.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press.