Governor Brian Sandoval’s inaugural ball at Wynn Las Vegas drew an estimated two thousand people Friday night. New Nevada first lady Kathleen Sandoval showed up in a green silk dress made by a Reno designer for less than one thousand dollars, at an event that was funded with the help of corporate and individual donors. But the “Review-Journal” says three notable invited guests did not show up for the Sandoval’s party. Television station owner Jim Rogers, his president Ralph Toddre, and former first lady Dawn Gibbons boycotted the governor’s ball because of his proposed budget cuts that Gibbons says would leave 176 autistic children, quote, “in the lurch with no services and no voice.” The ex-wife of former Governor Jim Gibbons said making a presence at the ball would be saying she and the others would support the cuts.
Three Boycott Sandoval Inaugural Ball
January 31, 2011 5:31 AM
Latest Videos from KXNT
CBS Las Vegas on Twitter
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Unique Sunglasses For Summer Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Father's Day Gift Ideas Baseball Shots Of The Week –... CBS Radio Golf Classic
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Memorial Day Gallery Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
Most Commented on KXNT
- Controversial Artist Depicts Obama Trampling The Constitution (1226)
- Utah School Board Says Cougar Mascot Too Offensive To Women (478)
- Researchers Claim Sex Robots Will Be Future Of Sex Tourism (226)
- Vegas Employer: Obama Won, So I Fired 22 Employees (214)
- Sales Soar For Controversial Obama Painting After Story Goes Viral (191)