hazmat Acid Spill on Las Vegas Boulevard

Las Vegas police closed a portion of Las Vegas Boulevard in front of the Wynn this morning when 200 gallons of sulfuric acid spilled at the entrance of the casino.

One man is listed in stable condition at Sunrise Hospital after slipping and falling in the acid. The spill was contained by 9am, but the clean up continued for several hours. 

A police spokesperson told KXNT the leak was caused after a pipe broke as a contractor was filling it.  The acid was being offloaded for use in the hotel’s water features.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Listen Live